wiring digital thermostat to override the timer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone help me wire this digital thermostat receiver onto a boiler that already has an external switch? I've drawn what I think but am stuck on what if anything goes the COM,N/O terminals . Attached are the diagrams from each manual.

My guess:
Boiler:
Timer:
Digi Thermostat Receiver

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Do you really mean what you say in the title (wiring digital thermostat to override the timer?)? That you want the thermostat to be able to turn the boiler on, even when the timer says it should be off; and vice versa?

Or do you just want the thermostat to control the boiler when the timer is ON?

Ah no. I want the thermostat only to override the timer if the timer has the boiler switched on or I've overriden timer to continuous. If timer says off, thermostat to have no effect. thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ah no. I want the thermostat only to override the timer if the timer has the boiler switched on or I've overriden timer to continuous. If timer says off, thermostat to have no effect. thanks!
Then it's easy ;)

Boiler/2 --- RWB7/2 --- RWB7/1 --- Receiver/2 --- Receiver/1 --- Boiler/1

You can of course go via a wiring centre (junction box).

The receiver live and neutral must come from a permanent source, as in your sketch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back