Wiring for a switch

IMAG018.JPG

Battery

12778.jpg

lamp_fc-100_handheld.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys,

my new UV lamp costed me £300, the cables, JB, switch etc nearly £50, so I'm going to have to make it work for me.

All comments very much appreciated,

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

I've gone to wire up my switch but just need to check I have this absolutely correct, please see the picture.

Do I do anything with the yellow? No one mentioned this one.

Thanks again.

I've gone to wire up my switch
You'd be able to sell your unnecessarily complicated and dangerously bulky bits and pieces on eBay for more than it would cost you to buy a plug-in wireless adapter.

Which yellow? You don't have any, apart from the flying leads on the neon.

Which yellow? You don't have any, apart from the flying leads on the neon.
Stop being so obtrusive.

Carl, connect all three earth wires together.

Basically you should end up with the switch wires "in line" with the LIVE to the light. If you follow the live through the diagram you should see what I mean.

The remote idea is good and if I was starting out I would have gone that way, I have now spent nearly £50 to get where I am. I'm not really in the mood to undo it all, put it on e-bay, send it off etc.

The yellow, I mean the earth, doesn't this get wired into the switch?

Thanks again.

At the switch end, the earth goes into a "spare" terminal, not actually part of the switch mechanism. Is that one such terminal at the top of the photo you posted? It may be there for the earths, which is good of MK. :) If not, supply your own terminal and leave it in the backbox.

In the switch box there is a couple of places it might go, 1 position has a 'T' (with 2 smaller lines above it). the other says 'LOOP'. Is it one of these?

In the switch box there is a couple of places it might go, 1 position has a 'T' (with 2 smaller lines above it). the other says 'LOOP'. Is it one of these?

earth.gif

This is the earth symbol. The loop terminal will be for the neutral (which you will not have at the switch).

Great, so I take the earth (yellow), connect in the JB one end and connect the other end in the switch box (the upside T, with 2 lines under it.

Great, thanks.

The remote idea is good and if I was starting out I would have gone that way, I have now spent nearly £50 to get where I am. I'm not really in the mood to undo it all, put it on e-bay, send it off etc.
Well get in the mood.

You'll end up with something better, safer and cheaper. You messed up with your original design through ignorance - don't compound your mistake by stubbornly sticking to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back