wiring in time switch to ideal logic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, Iv recently fitted a ideal logic and need to wire in a danfoss TS71S SI electronic single chanel time switch.

there are the terminals

N L 1 2 3 4
com off n/c n/o

on the old boiler there were 4 wires that were wired into the pcb but there was a link inside where the clock was wired up.

On the Ideal logic there is the Live, Neutral and earth which i wired up. Im just unsure on where to connect the 4 wired from the clock to.

Thank you for any help. james

Sponsored Links
yeah a room stat is fitted on the left of the pcb was a link so it took it out and put ina room stat.

sorry but I need instructions in simple terms, we used to have an electrician who did all the wiring.

on the clock there are

N L 1 2 3 4

230 com off n/c n/o

i assume the 4 wires that were used before will be used in the same way.

on the pcb there is a terminal block with weather compensator and open therm room stat. When I read the intructions is said about two terminal blocks inside and not to connect them to 230 because it would blow the pcb.??? I think I read too much into this.

cheers for any help. it really is appreciated :)

are you using the opentherm connection ? I cant find any mention of a room stat link on the pcb, if you are using the OT connection I dont think you can use the 240v room stat/timer as well, although I could be wrong, what room stat are you using ?

Sponsored Links
using a Honeywell T6360B1028 10A Room Stat. I usually hook these up to combis that are in the house with an in built timer. but this one is in the garage. There is a red link wire on the left of the pcb, i took this out and put the room stat in.

cheers

I think you have connected to the internal timer connection (it seems there are 2, a high voltage and a low voltage) you shouldent be connecting to either, if you want to fit an external timer and stat follow the diagram I posted earlier.

so i take out the red link. take one wire to the room stat. then another wire from there to the single chanel time switch but which terminal do i connect up to? then I take one back to the other link on the pcb. so in effect there is only 1 wire linking around in a loop

sorry for been a bit dumb (smirk) I just need things is uber basic mode :)

cheers

goodness me. :LOL: :LOL: have you been on the wiskey for a week!!!

left hand side of pcb there is a red link. take it out. connect one wire to programmer com, then take programmer on wire to roomstat com. then take roomstat on wire back to boiler ( WHERE YOU TOOK THE LINK OUT)

this will complete the circuit.

hope that helps ;)

sooner or later your going to have to be able to read the installation instructions and figure this stuff out for your self, I think you were lucky not to have bu**ered up the pcb this time , you may not be so lucky next time, its not rocket surgery.

Thankyou for the reply. Unfortunatly Iv not been on the whisky. What do com, off, n/o and n/c mean then? What are they there for? What's the advantage/ difference of a 24v and 240 clock?

oh my days!!!! honeslty if you don't know what these things mean it is best you don't touch them until you learn. This is pretty basic stuff, I don't mean it in a rude way, just being truthful.

Com = common NC = normally closed i think you can guess the other

yeah i see your point. but this is why im on here asking questions.

Im just curious on why there are so many terminals and what each of them mean. its okay saying n/c is normally closed but what function is it doing by been closed...normally.

Or save your sen a lot of head scraching and just fit the Mechcanical RF timer if the customer aint to good with gadgets or if they like to play fit the RF digital ( let them play, cause it can get complicated..)

But please if you do fit these, take the red link out or the boiler wont know its arse for its elbow. No wires, no worries. No need for sparks.....:cool:

Apart from actually wiring the mains up to the boiler..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back