Wiring my cooker mission impossible ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to wire in my cooker socket but however I try I cannot bend the 6mm wires successfully into the terminals as they are far too stiff to manipulate easily. On the rare occasion I actually got anywhere near there would have been no way I could have pushed the socket face back to the box. Am I missing something obvious or is this just one of those very badly designed electrical tasks that test my 'hammer in hand restraint' capacity ?

Sponsored Links
How much of the sheath have you cut back?

Have you dressed the cores so that they are bent in the right places and positioned where the terminals are?

How deep is the back box?

I've cut the sheath back enough for it to enter fully and positioned everything in alignment for it to enter into the correct terminals and it's a 45mm backbox. My major problem is actually getting the wires to bend enough to actually enter the terminals and then be able to push the face back to the box because they have to be an optimum length which then makes them nigh impossible to manipulate. Just wondering if there is a trick to how it's done by the pro's.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back