Wiring new honeywell reciever from a drayton one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just want to make sure I do it right. On the the old reciever I have a l going into l and a link to 1.
I have a neutral going to neutral.
I have another wire going to 4 terminal. And I have a earth going to the earth terminal. So how do I use those wires to make sure I do it right on the honeywell. It's a t4r reciver. The old one is a drayton digistat 3. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I think a photo would help better, as I don’t think the Drayton has numbered terminals.

I've got a wire in n a wire going from l to 1 and a wire going into 3.also last wire is the earth into a earth terminal.

L to L
N to N
Link L to A
Transfer 3 to B

Sponsored Links
So exactly the same but the wire that is in 3 on the drayton goes in b on the honeywell.

Usually an earth park on T4R, if not connector block.

As @CBW says the earth isnt needed, a pic would be better, just because it is a yellow and green wire doesnt mean it is an earth on a heating system

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The old Drayton thermostat is a Digistat, but the receiver part will probably be an SCR. If so, the SCR has the following connections:

SCR.JPG

If your T4R receiver box looks like this:

t4r.JPG

Then the existing wires move from the terminals at the SCR to the terminals at the T4R that have exactly the same functions:

SCR N to T4R N
SCR L to T4R L
SCR 1 (Common) to T4R A
SCR 3 (Call for Heat) to T4R B

The two L terminals in T4R are joined together, so effectively the same terminal. The second one is for convenience to use as the link between L and A

As has already been said, if you have anything different post back a photo.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Cheers for all your help thats great il post up a pic at the weekend just to make sure. Just out of interest I replaced the old drayton unit with a new scr after it went on the blink and got a new thermostat control but couldn't get them to pair at all. Is there any reason for this.

Plus are these honeywell kits alot better than the drayton one we had.

Cheers for all your help thats great il post up a pic at the weekend just to make sure. Just out of interest I replaced the old drayton unit with a new scr after it went on the blink and got a new thermostat control but couldn't get them to pair at all. Is there any reason for this.
sometimes you have to buy the thermostat and the receiver as a pair, not all will bind with each other

Can someone just clarify what's been said in post now put pic up of the wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back