Wiring outside lanterns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need help in wiring 7 lanterns along my drive way, approx 300 meters long. The builder has put in 3 core SWA cable which exits in a loop at each lantern.
I would be very grateful if someone could draw me a wiring diagram as I am not sure how to connect

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
get an electricin in. making swa glands is noot really a diy job, also he can check is swa the right size

there are two things you need to determine.

1: how are the lights designed? does it look like you can satisfactorally gland SWA to them. if not you may have to use resin joints.

2: since the color code change there is some disagreement on how three core SWA should be used for single phase. some (including the NICEIC) belive that grey should be used for neutral others belive black should be used for neutral. i'll save you the arguments on the merits of each but make sure whichever you do its marked up appropriately and done consistantly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back