Wiring Pendant and pull switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

:oops: Started a job a few weeks ago and have come back to finish and have lost diagram.

I have removed a pendant light and a pull switch for decorating. Pendant wiring had three cables each with a black and a red. Pull switch has two cables one with a black and a red and one with a blue, white and red.

The pendant wiring needs to connect a light fitting with 1 x blue and 1 x red .

The pull switch is quite old and there is nothing that looks like com or L1 or L2 on it.

Can anyone help me please.

I don't have a multimeter smultimeterork out which is the switched live.

cheers

Sponsored Links
the red white and blue cable dates from the early 60's white was changed to yellow in the14th ?? edition of the regs.

The above cable will be for the bathroom fan.
I would suggest that you buy a multimeter then look at the wiring wiki to see how you lights are wired, or get an electrician in it wont cost much for an hours work. approx £25/40 depending on where you are.

Sponsored Links
Electric we have, mobile signals can be problematic and our internet is not much better than dial up, but that's a small price to pay when you live in a beautiful area with great views and the nearest neighbour 3/4 of a mile away. :D

Yes St Andrews is about 20 min drive away. not that I play much these days. I will have to make more of an effort this year.

I have removed a pendant light and a pull switch for decorating. Pendant wiring had three cables each with a black and a red. Pull switch has two cables one with a black and a red and one with a blue, white and red.

The pendant has a L/N feed, L/N on to another room, and L/N switch drop.
The pull switch has L/N switch drop, and a triple cable to a second switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back