Wiring: removing RF receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm a newbie looking for some advice.

My Setup: Vaillant 418 Ecotec, S plan system. Salus RT500RF receiver+stat and wired controller.

I'm switching to smart controls (Drayton wiser). I replaced the wired controller and It's all working as long as the old RF stat is calling for heat, but I now need to remove the redundant RF receiver from the wiring (so the new hub can do the work).

This is the junction box. RT500 coming from below. Wired controller off picture left. The cable exiting the box top right is going to the boiler. The two black ones going down are to the valves and the 2 white going down are to the hot water cylinder.
IMG_20180915_115009.jpg

I've looked at the wiring diagrams for the RT500... but I'm confused because my NO from the receiver (orange) is going to the CH valve. The COM is going to the wired controller.
Back of the RT500:
IMG_20180915_115209.jpg

I can't find a diagram where the NO goes to the valve...
Is there an easy way to remove the RT500? and have the controller do the job?

Thank you in advance!
S

Attachments

• IMG_20180915_115004.jpg
    IMG_20180915_115004.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20180915_115009.jpg
    IMG_20180915_115009.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Locate where the orange and white wires connect in the junction box. Remove those wires, and install a short wire link between the terminals instead.
Disconnect the blue/brown wires in the junction box that are part of the receiver cable, then remove the whole cable and the receiver.

Thank you!
I think I did the same thing as you suggested by rewiring the white wire from the controller to the location of the orange wire.
Job done!

So the controller talks to the valves... and the valves talk to the boiler... that's the bit I wasn't getting

Many thanks for your help!
S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back