Wiring Salus rt310tx room stat to Potterton suprema boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. New here, I’m hoping to get some confirmation on how to correctly wire a Salus 310tx room stat to my Potterton Suprema. The boiler has an external timer/programmer, but has had no room stat up till now. I’ll post up the boiler wiring diagram... After doing some research, I believe the stat should be wired to the valve and the programmer, but need some confirmation for exactly where to connect to. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 96E5EF49-9C5F-4FFC-B5DD-37C75EFE2EA6.jpeg
    96E5EF49-9C5F-4FFC-B5DD-37C75EFE2EA6.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 798
Sponsored Links
Are you sure its not RT310tx ? either way it doesnt get wired to the boiler, it interupts CH on wire from the programmer, no wiring is altered in the boiler

Hi Ian. Yep that’s the one, Salus RT310tx. It has a receiver unit and a WiFi stat

It will need wiring to take
Hi Ian. Yep that’s the one, Salus RT310tx. It has a receiver unit and a WiFi stat

Wireless one is rt310rf. What you would need is a permanent live and permanent neutral, common (linked between live and common and then a switched live out to heating on (normally open)

Sponsored Links
It will need wiring to take

Wireless one is rt310rf. What you would need is a permanent live and permanent neutral, common (linked between live and common and then a switched live out to heating on (normally open)
Sorry @The Novice but that is incorrect, if you connect that way the room thermostat will over ride the time clock, the Com terminal must come from the CH on terminal of the time clock programmer, with no links anywhere, and NO to the zone valve motor live and as you correctly say if the OP has a stat and receiver it is not a RT310TX but a RT310RF

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sorry @The Novice but that is incorrect, if you connect that way the room thermostat will over ride the time clock, the Com terminal must come from the CH on terminal of the time clock programmer, with no links anywhere, and NO to the zone valve motor live and as you correctly say if the OP has a stat and receiver it is not a RT310TX but a RT310RF

Thanks @ianmcd, I knew that :oops: however when I looked at the wiring diagram, I simply copied what was there but failed to include the programmer :oops:, I’m not too clever with symbols :oops:

Sorry @The Novice the Com terminal must come from the CH on terminal of the time clock programmer, with no links anywhere, and NO to the zone valve motor live

Thanks for the replies chaps - much appreciated! So Ian, can I connect NO to the valve motor live direct from the programmer then, as you suggested I wouldnt need to wire to the boiler itself? thanks in advance

Thanks for the replies chaps - much appreciated! So Ian, can I connect NO to the valve motor live direct from the programmer then, as you suggested I wouldnt need to wire to the boiler itself? thanks in advance
yes that is exactly what you do, when the motor on the valve opens the valve a micro switch inside the valve is made and this brings the boiler on, the wiring for that is already there , you do not need to connect anything to the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back