Wiring single fan cooker (moved from Building Regs)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello we have a 2.3kw single oven beko cooker no flex installed read instructions and it is saying min 13a and cable type 3x 1.5mm2 not having a go at beko here but is this OK 13a on lighting cable for 2.3kw many thanks

Sponsored Links
2.3kW is 10a (didn't even need to use a calculator for that one!) so does that answer your question?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'lighting cable though? Is that just what you're referring to 1.5mm² as? If so, 1.5mm² flex is rated to more than 13A

Thanks iggifer so I take it that's fine I have no idea how to calculate which is why I asked I assumed lighting was 1.5mm2 seem to rember that from a previous life cheers

Sponsored Links
Lighting is generally wired in 1.5mm² or 1.0mm², but like I say, 1.5mm² flex is rated to more than 13A, which is why you never see a bigger flex on anything with a plug on it.

screenshot_925.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back