wiring switches

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greeny4

the picture shows a downstairs switch that is wired correct. The gang with the yellow/blue/red is linked to upstairs which is correct. The other gang is also correct with the red and red/black but the next switch that these go to i cant get right. The switch should operate the downstairs hallway and kitchen but the kitchen lights only come on when the hallway switch is on. It is 2 gang and 2 way from another switch in the kitchen. Each gang has an L and the top and an l1 and l2 at the bottom. There are 4 cables, x1 red, x1 red, x1 red/black, x1 red/black. Can you tell me which wire goes where cheers. View media item 21212 View media item 21211

Sponsored Links
Either I'm still drunk from last night, or you need to take some clear photos so we can actually have half a chance of seeing what is going on.

Oh and why have you started a new thread? What was wrong with your other one?

Sponsored Links
its the clearest i could get it. You can see the red/blue and yellow cable on the right gang with the blue in the common and the red and yellow in the l1 and l2. On the other gang theres a red and black cable in the l1 and l2 and a red single in the common. Its a new thread because its a different switch cheers Rick.

I keep reading your post(s) and find them confusing to say the least.

The two pictures look like they are of the same switch.

Your text implies that the first switch shown is wired correctly. :confused: :confused:

How do you know this?

Can you start again with a revised description of what you are trying to do please, including clear pictures of the switch and all corresponding 2 way switches. Drawings will do.
Please be clear about which wires come from which cables. Make it clear which rooms have two way switching, and which rooms if any have one way switching.

METAL SWITCH PLATES MUST BE EARTHED.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back