stairs lighting switches

If I do I do not have it to hand, however there will be one as this property is rented through an estate agents and the board is what was in there when I moved in, as far as I can tell only that single breaker is mislabelled.

Sponsored Links
The 6A kitchen tv socket could be for the telly?
Anyway, did you get a multimeter and do the tests Echo the Husky said before?

I can't get a multimeter at the minute, as soon as I can, likely Monday I will do the tests Echo said, is the lighting in the rose correct as far as can be seen?

Sponsored Links
I agree about the corrosion, I shall replace the fitting once I figure out the issues I am having with the light
The corrosion may well be the problem. Corroded termionations make bad connections.

You could just try cleaning up/ tightening the connections in that pendant.
But would also like to know results from proper tests with your multimeter.

As the property is rented, maybe the best thing would be to down tools and let the agent/ landlord sort it out.

I completely forgot that after the power cut the bottom switch had some browning so I replaced it before using it again.

Thank you for remembering that interesting fact. Has anything else now come to mind?

Are you saying that previously the switch was OK, but then it got burned ("browned") and all the power went off? When you say "power cut", do you mean something affecting the whole street that resolved itself, or was it only your house that was affected and you had to turn your circuit breakers back on to get the power back?

Also… can you remember if this power cut was all of the proerties in the locality, or was it just you?

Was the power cut the whole house/flat, or was it just the lighting circuit that was cut?

Power cut affected the street, after the power returned the main breaker cut off

Which one?

The one near the main switch or the one further away?

The red one does not "trip". It only moves when an external force is applied.

The RCD's trip, though. Maybe it was one of those.

, is the lighting in the rose correct as far as can be seen?
Almost, the reds should be in loop and the earths in E. As the E in those type of fittings is also insulated I doubt it will make much of a difference electrically, just an observation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back