wiring this light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am putting a downright in my conservatory. I am wiring it into a plug which will obviously go in the mains socket.

Is it a simple case of connecting the live and neutral wires (there is no section for earth wire on the light unit) to the appropriate part of the plug and light unit.

is it okay powering the lights through the mains via a plug? There will be 3x 25w bulbs on the light fitting

Please see pictures

This pic shows the light fitting as purchased

This pic shows where i need to connect the live and neutral wires into the light fitting.

Sponsored Links
Hi, sounds a bit of a 'lash up' to me, sorry, you have to the location into consideration i.e.,condensation and the surface the fitting is being attched to? You must make sure that the connector is properly enclosed and the cable has a restraint if you're flex is surface run.

Ideally your light could be wired through a fuse connedtion unit with a 3a fuse fitted, this is powered from the back of the existing socket.

Regards,

DS

Sponsored Links
Using a plug and socket to supply a fixed light is a bit tacky.

You need to cut that flex back and start again - you've cut through the insulation on the live core.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back