'Wiring' thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why was the recent thread titled 'Wiring' closed?

In the picture we saw a switch faceplate that required earthing, and some twin and earth cable where the bare earth wires had been cut out.

Although the op had been made aware of this, there was still plenty more to be said, regarding the possibility of the earth wires not connected in other points on the circuit, and how one can test to see if there is an earth present.

The abrupt ending of this topic was not good, I would like to think that this space below could be used for the op to discuss any further concerns he or she may have on their installation.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the quotes, some of Winstons posts were removed, i quess there was a bit of disagreement

I didn't notice that, although I see another topic regarding 13amp sockets on lighting circuits suffered a similar fate.

I wonder if Winston1 complained to the moderators that he was being unfairly criticised.

As sparkwright has said there was more advice to be given to the OPs.

Deleting Winston1's post was all that was needed,

Locking the threads has prevented the OPs receiving essential safety advice needed when installing switches.

Sponsored Links
I do feel bad for the op in these situations.

It's not the fault of the op whatsoever, yet their topic is closed - and no further comment can be made.

So what is the op expected to do in this situation?

The op could start a new yet identical thread, in the hope they won't be messed around - but why should they have to do that?

It's all very unfair to the op.

I do feel bad for the op in these situations. ... It's not the fault of the op whatsoever, yet their topic is closed - and no further comment can be made.
I agree - and there's a fairly obvious and simply way in which ongoing repetitions of this sort of situation could be avoided!

Kind Regards, John

I suppose there will be times when it is the op who has been rude, but I don't know what happened in the thread in question, as sometimes some posts are deleted and some are retained.

Censorship has no place in a civilised country.

Removal of inaccurate and/or harmful information is not censorship.

You should prefix your posts with "This is my opinion" when you say things that are only your opinion and not proven facts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back