Wiring to a boiler

Unfortunately it is not uncommon to see a permanent live (phase) taken from another circuit or indeed the same circuit pre isolator for timed overrun on boilers and fans etc

Just remembered one a few years ago. After a big freeze local community centre having a New Years Eve party for the oldies but the caretaker opened the door and water came gushing out, wood floors were cream crakered - thousands pounds of damage.
In the boiler room was a frost stat immediately above the boiler.
My guess was that it caled for heat, boiler fired, kept stat happy in the boiler room but meanwhile just above the stat the loft hatch was preventing much heat getting into loft to prevent pipes from freezing.
Ironic that just 2 metres of cable to site frost stat in loft would probably have saved the day.
Why did I mention this? because the perm phase did not isolate from the SFCU.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. I now understand what's required (honest!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back