Wirless Thermostat Question

S

seabro

Hi,

I have no central heating in my flat so bought two Delonghi electric heaters I have mounted them on the walls and they plug into mains sockets.

Currently when they're on it just gets hotter and hotter!

They do a great job of heating and the electric bill is not too bad but I want to control them with wireless thermostats as see in Premier Travel Inn hotels.

You get a remote panel on wall and a little box next to the heater you set the temp and your away.

I saw one on ebay, but it only switches 6A max and these heaters are rated 3Kw - I am right in thinking this would not work? (3000/230=13A)

Here it is http://snipurl.com/coobc

If not, can anyone recommend a product? Lots of these wireless thermostats are for switching combi boilers on and as such don't need to switch the power of an electric heater.

Are there specific ones for higher wattage? The ones in Premier Inn are Honeywell.

Advise appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely GREAT!

THANKS FLAME!

Well worth my post I have been messing round on the net for ages trying to get to the bottom of this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back