wishbone nissan micra1.0L 1994

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 11278 View media item 11280
hi i am removing a wishbone from a m reg 1994 nissan micra. i have undone all the bolts which hold the wishbone plate to the bottom of the car.i have now undone the bollt as shown in the picture expecting the wishbone to drop down and off,but this can not be the case as it is still fixed some how. can any one tell me if i am missing a bolt or something. thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Hi
I'm not familiar with the Nissan, but on the Mondeo you would have to compress the road spring to relieve the downward pressure, then take out the 2 inboard bolts.
Or Haynes Manual.
JonB

You need to apply some downward pressure on the arm while impacting the hub carrier with a hammer to shock it out.

Them brakes arnt looking too clever and the CV gaiter is alittle perished :(

cowan7824 said:
thanks for your advice,it worked well,but now the nut is stuck right near the top and the bolt keeps turning,tried putting mole grips around the bolt but it wont hold it when i continue to try to undo the bolt,.do you think i will have to cut the bolt now

No probs!! as for the stuck nut the best course of action is to stick a jack under the ball joint and jack the stud of the ball joint back into position and hope it holds it while you undo the nut, you are unlikely to get it all the way off with the drive shaft in place tho, failing that if you are replacing the ball joint a hack saw might be in order.

Ps - Best to keep the discussion in this topic so we all know where we are in helping you :)

Sponsored Links
There are no other bolts holding it in place. The bottom ball joint (part sticking up with the nut on it) is tapered, that's why it's so tight. The nut might not come off until you manage to get the joint to drop down a little. To do that, first make sure you can turn that nut freely by hand. Then you need a decent hammer (not a poofy wee thing that joiners use). You need to strike the outer part of the joint with some force, you might need to hit it a few times to get the joint to break. When it goes you should see it drop, that's the time to remove the nut and use a lever to push the bottom wishbone down to get it off the ball joint. HTH.

Back