wobbly kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a kitchen mixer tap and after a few months use it is becoming loose and not sitting tightly on the sink. From what I can gather (but the access is really fiddly) I need to use a box spanner to tighten the little gold nut in the attached photo. You can see the silver metal bracket isn't sitting on top of the rubber.

But my setup seems to differ to what I've seen on other photos because it looks like something else (the bigger gold nut with chrome flexi pipe) has been attached to the rod and therefore preventing me from tightening the smaller nut. I doubt this is carrying water but I'm unsure and reluctant to simply remove it.

Any ideas or should I get the professionals in?

Sponsored Links
Have you got one of those fancy taps with a seperate spray head? Looks like it to me, the 3rd water connection that is preventing you from using a box spanner is for the spray head. Just make sure the tap is turned off fully and you can remove the hose. It will contain a small amount of water but after you have drained it you can then tighten the tap using a box spanner. Then put the spray hose connection back on.

the normal size basin spanner is also called a crow`s foot - you need a Budgie Foot ;)

Sponsored Links
Have you got one of those fancy taps with a seperate spray head? Looks like it to me, the 3rd water connection that is preventing you from using a box spanner is for the spray head. Just make sure the tap is turned off fully and you can remove the hose. It will contain a small amount of water but after you have drained it you can then tighten the tap using a box spanner. Then put the spray hose connection back on.

So when the tap is on, water is flowing through the gold coloured rod into the flexi pipe?

So when the tap is on, water is flowing through the gold coloured rod into the flexi pipe?

Yes that is correct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back