wolsey ir pass amplifier and triax

ok. thanks not the triax box thou when i plug the old Wolsey in it all works fine, i have 2 Wolsey amps as i bought 1 for my sister and the prob appears on both

Sponsored Links
hi you said it maybe a fault with the triax box, i have ruled this out as the triax box works fine with the old wolsey,

My diagnosis was based on the information you provided. I have read your posts again and nowhere did you mention having two amplifiers, nor the fact that the newer one was causing the fault. Your post was pointless if you already knew that the new amplifier was causing the fault. Words fail me.

Sponsored Links
no you have read this wrong, i have changed the amplifiers to rule this out, it must be something in the set up, this is were i think i,m going wrong, i have not got 2 amps set up at the same time, please be more carful when reading in future! then maybe words will not fail you!!

Just checking, but the Wolsey amp in the loft(?) has a mains lead of it's own, right?

And continuing to check... You have the Triax Tri-Link power supply plugged in, the mains socket is turned on, and the lead from the PSU which has the screw-on plug end is connected to the Tri-Link box at the DC In socket. You clicked on the power switch on the Tri-Link so you have the power LED lit up.

How about the cables used to connect everything. Are you sure that there's no stray filaments of the shield wire touching the centre cores anywhere?

I've installed a few of these and always thought the signal was a bit noisy compared to a direct RF feed from the Freeview PVRs. However, the result has never been unusable.

ok. thanks not the triax box thou when i plug the old Wolsey in it all works fine, i have 2 Wolsey amps as i bought 1 for my sister and the prob appears on both
He has a total of two Wolsey amplifiers (unknown models) - one old, one new. The old one works and the new one (bought for his sister) doesn't. Therefore the new one is faulty or wrong type.

no i have an old model which works fine with the triax link, i then bought 2 newer models compatible with the triax link 1 for my home 1 for my sisters, i have tried both new models and the same prob occurs.

So you now have THREE not TWO.

We have already established - from the information you've supplied so far - that there is no problem with frequency, since the system works with the "old" Wolsey amplifier.

Therefore, unless you've omitted to mention something else of importance, the problem rests firmly with the new Wolsey amplifiers, whose model numbers you still haven't divulged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back