woman in need of advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father in law has installed the shower on a plumbing level, he has just said that I need to wire it all in. I have brought a 45amp pull cord for the celing but there is only one set of wires............ Is this right as the diagram shows 2 sets of live/neutral/earth.

Sponsored Links
you need a feed wire coming from the CU and one to the shower

What do you mean there is only one set of wires? You have bought a 45amp pull cord for the ceiling - BUT YOU CANNOT wire your Electric shower to the lighting circuit.

Was there already an electric shower where your new one is? If so, you need to trace the wire from that to a point where you can fit your switch, but since you have bought a switch this seems like maybe a new installation.

THere have been quite a few posts here on installing an electric shower - do a search on "electric shower" and read through them. It is not a task to be undertaken lightly.

what size shower is it? (kw) this will detremine what size cable you should use.

have you a spare way on your CU (consumers unit)

in essence it is just connect a cable to the shower, but only if it were that strait forward

Sponsored Links
phhut said:
What do you mean there is only one set of wires? You have bought a 45amp pull cord for the ceiling - BUT YOU CANNOT wire your Electric shower to the lighting circuit.

Was there already an electric shower where your new one is? If so, you need to trace the wire from that to a point where you can fit your switch, but since you have bought a switch this seems like maybe a new installation.

THere have been quite a few posts here on installing an electric shower - do a search on "electric shower" and read through them. It is not a task to be undertaken lightly.

There was oringinally a shower, but old, we decided to install a new pull cord. This was recomended by an electrician friend.

2004_1016Image0001.JPG

2004_1016Image0002.JPG

i suggest you check your post before posting, your pictures are unavailable :cry: (i also copy/pasted, into my browser) still unavailable :cry:

breezer said:
i suggest you check your post before posting, your pictures are unavailable :cry: (i also copy/pasted, into my browser) still unavailable :cry:[/quote

I can see them fine..............

sorry, its a bit like your "quote" effort, you have it wrong :cry:

breezer said:
sorry, its a bit like your "quote" effort, you have it wrong :cry:

Is this a forum for DIY help or a nit picking session on computer skills? :eek:

not at all, see question above where your picture are supposed to be, i am trying to help, just i can not see your pics, i used your ability of "quote" to point out that if that is wrong, you may have also got your pictures url / reference wrong.

breezer said:
not at all, see question above where your picture are supposed to be, i am trying to help, just i can not see your pics, i used your ability of "quote" to point out that if that is wrong, you may have also got your pictures url / reference wrong.

would you like me to email them to you? I can see the pictures on the forum :confused:

no one else could see them if you did that :cry: may i suggest you use photo bucket or similar, see here for what i mean

was the old wire tot he shower removed when new 1 put in/old 1 taken out?

Key-monkey I think you have uploaded to the secure part of the server;
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/
If I upload to the MSN server I get the option to store the file under 'shared' or'personal' If I chose 'shared' then everyone can see it but if 'personal' then it only shows on my pc.

shaggy said:
Key-monkey I think you have uploaded to the secure part of the server;
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/
If I upload to the MSN server I get the option to store the file under 'shared' or'personal' If I chose 'shared' then everyone can see it but if 'personal' then it only shows on my pc.

I think I am going to cry, I have been waiting for an ideal opportunity to wire it in, baby is in bed, hubby working late and have spent weeks trying to work it all out :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back