Wood burners are bad for your health

Plus you have a filter in your mouth sometimes ;)

Your nose is the better filter due to the tiny hairs that trap impurities and also warms the air before it goes to your lungs. Hence why you should breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

Sponsored Links
Your nose is the better filter due to the tiny hairs that trap impurities and also warms the air before it goes to your lungs. Hence why you should breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

If you are able. I'm not. Displaced septum.

I'm sorry IT you are completely wrong. I'm a gas safe engineer. (Qualified to comment)
An average gas boiler emits on average around 50 parts per million of carbon monoxide.
Burning wet wood emits around 18000 ppm.
Liberal weirdos love the Good ol wood burners!

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry IT you are completely wrong. I'm a gas safe engineer. (Qualified to comment)
An average gas boiler emits on average around 50 parts per million of carbon monoxide.
Burning wet wood emits around 18000 ppm.
Liberal weirdos love the Good ol wood burners!
What are you dribbling about?

This isn't about CO, it's about particulate matter. Even then it'd be agreeing with you if anything. Finally wet wood is being banned.

I shouldn't have bothered clicking on the ignored content.

Last edited:
Wood burners shouldn't be allowed in cities. If everyone had one the air would be unbreathable. Just one seems to pollute a large area with acrid smoke. They have their place - in lightly populated areas.

My dad had an open fire in his bedroom, he's still alive. Modern wood burners date used far less than in the old days, and generally not in a bedroom.

Smoke does cause serious health problems, but usually only in people who live in homes that have a poorly vented fire burning all day and night.

My dad had an open fire in his bedroom, he's still alive. Modern wood burners date used far less than in the old days, and generally not in a bedroom.

Smoke does cause serious health problems, but usually only in people who live in homes that have a poorly vented fire burning all day and night.
Survivorship bias - Wikipedia

Indoor barbeques, hmmm. Do you mean cookers or carbon monoxide poisoning?

Yes transam, get a bbq.
:confused:
AFAIK barbeques have been banned in calafornia in the US for years? Or some parts off the state

AFAIK barbeques have been banned in calafornia in the US for years? Or some parts off the state

The California Fire Code of 2016 restricted the use of BBQ grills in 2018, and the new 2019 edition impacts apartment dwellers in 2020

Barbeques causing fires was the reason for the ban, not health issues

Sponsored Links
Back