Wood burning Stove Flue Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Just putting a flue in for my wood burning stove.
Read all the regulations etc.
Only one I have a small issue with and would like advice or what would be the issue etc.

The regulations say "If bends
are necessary there must be no more than four in the length of the chimney."

I have the follwoing on the twin wall flue pipes, one 45 degree to exit the wall, 135 degree on outside wall, then 2 x 45 degree together to avoid roof edge.
But I would like to add an offset pipe as the single wall flue connecting the stove to the twin wall flue but I guess this pipe would be counted as bends to and so make 6? If i did add this, what issues would be caused etc?

Sponsored Links
No expert but would think it's to prevent killing anyone with fumes due to inadequate ventilation.

What do Building Control say they will accept?

That's a roundabout way of asking whether you've notified them - if you don't get it signed off it could cause issues with your house insurance if you have any issues (like fires). And in theory if you come to sell the house (though I think that's often overstated).

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back