Wood Fired Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fancied the idea of some sort of DIY cooking facility outside. A wood fired oven was my first choice (have a BBQ already). Looked at some websites for (imported) wood fired ovens and found the price a tad high - like £4000 too high.

So the plan is to build a domed wood fired oven from scratch. Anyone ever tried one of these? Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Thermo. I have been in contact with Rado, he offers a lot of informatio on the website and some additional material on CD if you are willing to cover the cost of mailing from Oz.

I received the cd last week, but haven't had time to go through the content. But the information arrived very promptly and was only a few quid with the exchange rate. He is a real enthusiast very open with his information.

I watched an episode of the river cottage where HFW made a pizza oven from scratch using nothing more than a few firebricks, sand and clay he dug from his pond. It worked as well!!!

Sponsored Links
I just found these resources

http://www.fornobravo.com/store/Instruction-Manuals-and-eBooks-p-1-c-260.html

The instruction manuals are free to download. Registration required. Select the manuals in the shopping basket, go to checkout. Register details (no payment details required), then receive an email with the download link.

I have the manual for the Pompeii oven - a brick built dome oven - exactly what I was looking for. There are plans in the manual for two sizes of oven. All materials are described and should be available at the local DIY - refractory bricks are available from online suppliers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back