Wood Floor - Pipe Rosettes(?) For Micro Bore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am about to fit an engineered wood floor but wondered if anyone knew of pipe rosettes that are suitable for fitting around Micro Bore pipes as I can only find ones suitable for use with 15mm pipe.

Not sure if they are covered in my shiny new Wooden Floor Installation Manual that is on its way.

Sponsored Links
Am about to fit an engineered wood floor but wondered if anyone knew of pipe rosettes that are suitable for fitting around Micro Bore pipes as I can only find ones suitable for use with 15mm pipe.

Not sure if they are covered in my shiny new Wooden Floor Installation Manual that is on its way.
:LOL: :LOL:

You can find 18mm Solid Oak pipe-covers here

Ooops woodyoulike think he/she is after smaller!!!!!

......must admit I would like to know the answer to this as well - we have several customers waiting for 8 and 10mm pipe covers to finish laminate jobs we have fitted. can find plenty of 15mm or bigger but no one can supply smaller!

Quickstep were supposed to be bringing a "push out" system to the market but none of my suppliers have stock as yet. :confused:

My mistake, most "complain" the covers aren't wide enough ;)

But how wide are these pipes then? You have to remember you'll have to keep an expansion gap in the wood floor around the pipe too, so 15mm might not be that bad after all?

(We only do 18mm I'm afraid, even when the pipes are narrower - you don't want to know how often these pipes are slight bent so a 15mm doesn't even fit.)

Sponsored Links
Many thanks

I will check for certain (not close to the pipes at present) but from what I have found it looks as if the outer diameter = 10mm so an 18mm ID rosette would be like the proverbial whatsit in a shirt sleeve. Guess I just have to work smarter and neater.

I am thinking that the design you showed could provide a solution were I to make up sleeves to slip inside? Thinking cap on I think.

Just need to make sure I maintain clearance around the pipe.

The design of the 18mm is also available in 15mm at various outlets (the better ones). Others only do the thin circle you have to cut in two, where these chunkier ones come in two parts.
I could get hold of them for you?

The Wood You Like design appears to be the best design I have seen. The ones my MiL got from H/Base not bad but the over clever design made them flimsy (as in she broke one in taking it apart). Had to trim them down for her as the the pipes were too close to the wall to slip behind the pipes.

Thanks for the offer though am happy to order from the site. Where is best to get a [Last Board] Puller? The cheapo one I used to lay a laminate floor I threw away in digust as it was so flimsy it could cause damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back