Wood flooring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been looking at all the different types of wood flooring and have finally made a decision to go for an Engineered rustic oiled floor produced by V4 code EP101. But I have now seen how good reclaimed floorboards would look as we're trying to get a rustic look as our house is early 1900,s. The flooring is for our dining/kitchen area 30 square meters approx. any advice or recamendations would be appreciated regarding shrinkage etc.

Sponsored Links
We sell the V4 and as a floor it will look stunning, it won't look like a reclaimed floor, it will look more perfect than that, I would suggest if you are at all concerned about shrinkage or uneven looks etc, then go with the V4. If you want an imperfect floor, the reclaimed wood will be 'the real thing'

Thanks for the reply. Yes we're going for the V4. Going to stop looking now!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have been looking at all the different types of wood flooring and have finally made a decision to go for an Engineered rustic oiled floor produced by V4 code EP101. But I have now seen how good reclaimed floorboards would look as we're trying to get a rustic look as our house is early 1900,s. The flooring is for our dining/kitchen area 30 square meters approx. any advice or recamendations would be appreciated regarding shrinkage etc.

Shrinkage is more of an issue with new floorboards. I've used reclaimed floorboards in some locations in my house with no shrinkage issues. It's sensible to leave them inside the house for a couple of weeks to make sure the moisture content is stable.

I've also used new boards that had been sawn from old beams - same applies except you don't get the nail holes.

So Id say reclaimed if you want to see wear and tear and the patina of age (and nail holes), resawn if you want old timber in better condition, and new material if you want a floor that looks brand new.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back