wood for kingsize bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys i'm hoping to make a kingsize bed soon. Now my skills are novice but my dad makes dam strong good beds for family members kids. what i want to know cos i have to do the research is will 10cm square leg post be enough? Im going to have 7 or 9 legs. also using 19- 20cm x 2cm for base and slats with 3cm x 7cm for the slat rails at side. head board will be same. is that wood strong enough? i was thinking used scaffold boards which are £12 for 13ft. for fixing together was thinking of coach bolts?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
will 10cm square leg post be enough?
Yes

Im going to have 7 or 9 legs.
Really? Sounds like overkill to me... My bed has four 120mm legs.

also using 19- 20cm x 2cm for base and slats with 3cm x 7cm for the slat rails at side. is that wood strong enough?
Yes. In fact, slats are normally only about 15mm thick and less than 100mm wide, BUT there is usually another support beam running down the centre of the bed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back