Wood slick/Timber shortage?

Sponsored Links
dunno, but i thought flotsam (stuff that floats off, or is washed off a ship) and jetsam (stuff jettisoned or thrown from a ship) was anyones property?

dunno, but i thought flotsam (stuff that floats off, or is washed off a ship) and jetsam (stuff jettisoned or thrown from a ship) was anyones property?

Maybe, but this is neither of those.

Well your right, its is any one's but you have to declare it to the receiver of wreck, the value of it depends on the ease of which you acquired it, if you risked your life or/and your boat to collect it, it'll be more yours than if it just got washed up into your garden, the beaches are constantly bombarded with plastic and you can collect it to your hearts content but if there is any value then you must declare it, not fair is it?

Sponsored Links
Bit of b##ger when your boat gets torpedo'd by a lump of sawn tree ... act of God - proof of owner-ship ???
:D :(

Jetsum and flotsum, wernt they characters from a kids program? ;)

Salted T i m b e r !!!

_44357196_ice_prince_wood_203.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7197667.stm

:D :D

several 5"x3" lengths already drying in the workshop...

pity our timber strewn beach will be (apparently) closed tomorrow.... :cry:

loads washing up down our way now. Was the stuff you got any good ellal?

Pretty good stuff if you go for the larger grades..the thinner wood seems to be a bit 'sea-worn'

HM Coastguard were whizzing around worthing beach a couple of hours ago (and supposedly shutting it off), but go a bit further west and there's still plenty of whole bundles to be had...

Might just go for another look at first light... :LOL:

went down onto shoreham beach today. very wierd lots of stuff there. A friend phoned us to say she had walked the dog there and the police were quite happy with people taking stuff. I went down for a look with my daughter this afternoon. by that time they had police patrolling stopping people taking anything.

Most of the stuff was badly worn, including the bigger stuff. If you were using it for yourself then i suppose it would be worth the effort to take it, but it was all softwood. Did make me wonder though, from a commercial point of view, what is the point of salvaging it? It wont be re-useable to sell on, i would imagine most of it will end up in the chipper. Probably cheaper to let people take it than clear the beach!

NewImage.jpg

There was a bit more of it in Worthing...!

beach3.jpg

beach2.jpg

beach12.jpg

Probably cheaper to let people take it than clear the beach!
Of course - but then we can't let people think they can get 'something for nothing' can we!... ;)

local rag says they are going to put it into piles and sell it off from the beaches

Sponsored Links
Back