woodburner flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i want to put a woodburner in my conservertory, but it has a plastic roof, is there some kind of liner i can put around the flue so it dos'nt melt or damage the roof.

cheers. :D

Sponsored Links
Strange request? the roof section where it exits will need replacing with heat resistant roofing, though you could go out thru a wall with a dog leg chimney.

hi all, i want to put a woodburner in my conservertory, but it has a plastic roof,
What type of plastic roof, is it twinwall polycarbonate sheet :?:

Is it a lean-to type or a pitch roof :?:

Sponsored Links
Okay, give me time to find the paper work from the supplier, done mine about 5yrs ago, will need a twinwall insulated stainless steel pipe and a roof cowling which doesn't touch the pipe with a storm collar over it to keep the rain off. The idea of the twinwall insulated pipe is so that the outer pipe doesn't get too hot.

There you go http://www.fluesystems.com/

I've faxed them with a drawing of the roof including pitch degree angle etc ( the more details on the drawing the better including height from floor level etc) then they told me what I need. You will also need to know the dia of the flue collar of the stove that you're interested in before ordering, the twinwall insulated stainless steel pipe won't be cheap but last almost forever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back