Woodburner flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Have been so busy over the last year, had no time to be on line.
But I have a problem that I would like some help with .or thoughts on what to do next.
Have bought a Hwam clasic wood burner, No time to stop and think, wife wanted it so bought it,Problem it says in small writing it requries 180 mm flue,I have only seen 175mm or 7" , bought this as it was reccomended by the supplier of fire, What happens is this size sits on top of a ring instead of outside I think this could leak or allow any rain or tar to run outside the fire , , they, the supplier says yes this is ok pack out with fire rope and fire cement, this will really look a boj on top of a 3k fire, so what I am asking has anyone seen a true 180mm internal diameter flue in this country, I know I can get in Germany. It seems this is happening because of converting from metric to imperial again.

Sponsored Links
IMO a flue-pipe must slip down over the mating-flange: this rope/sealant idea won't last, if it even works to begin with.

If however you didn't buy the flue/fire together, you may have a problem getting your money back. You say the supplier of the fire recommended the 175 mm flue - do you mean retailer ? If so, I would ask them to refund my cash as their solution is not fit for purpose e.g. ugly and potentially dangerous.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer or importer of the fire to source the correct flue ?[/b]

Thanks mountainwalker Yes retailer, I have sent message to Hwam, awaiting reply, I hope I don't have to hold my breath to long. :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back