wooden floor help meeeeee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive been asked to lay a floor for a family friend, and would like some advice.

the flooring material is softwood and its reclaimed, some boards are t+g and some are not id say half and half. the job is already half started as the carpenter has started and not turned up to finish!!!

the floor im laying onto is half floor boards then half concrete where the new extension begins, it seems he has nailed into the floor boards and concrete without gluing them down and with no membrane!!

ive not got a clue where to start please advice would be appreciated, cheers,

Sponsored Links
Ideally you need a liquid dpm (damp proof membrane) on the concrete side then an adhesive to fix. You can nail to existing timber at the same level.
If your joiner has nailed to concrete, it will have to be removed at least as far back as the timber.. and glued down.

All sounds a bit dodgy though with half the floor having no tongue ?

yes its reclaimed so some of the planks are p.a.r square edged, no tongues. its a job i dont know if i want to take on as i will have to take up some of the existing planks and basically start again. would some kind of plastic membrane be adequate?? but then i suppose i wouldnt be able to glue to the floor then!!!!

also the floors unlevel but i gather its simply using packers to fill in the voids to stop any springing??!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back