Wooden floor levelling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve seen a post on here about using levelling compound on ply wood base, but I’m wondering if it’s ok to use direct onto tunge and groove? I only have about 1sq mtr of the room that needs levelling so don’t really want to cover the whole room with ply boards, also what compound would be best. Thanks

Sponsored Links
It'll crack on the T&G, as all can move independantly. Can you lift the floorboards, and level the joists by putting some 38x50 alongside the current joists.

I'd check why that area of the floor has dropped, like Doggit has said take up the floorboards that have dropped so you can see what's happening to the joists, is there rot at the end where it rests on the wall.

Anyway if the joists are ok it's easy using a level on the floorboards at the sides to put it down over where your need to put the floorboards back and see how much you need to pack on the joist under the first floorboard to get it level and then so on and so forth until they're all level again. Easy.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back