Wooden Window Ledge in Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone help me please? We had someone do some tiling for us and for whatever reason they didn't tile the window ledge telling us that it 'would look better' with a piece of oak to form the window ledge. We think that he didn't want the bother of cutting the tiles as they are very thick, but that doesn't help us. Now we don't know what to do. Can you have an oak window ledge? Will it not swell in a bathroom? And won't it look stupid! We are stuck and don't know how to finish off our bathroom. Any help gratefully received.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
you can have one ...and it looks nice too :eek: my M8 has a pine one ...I would suggest the oak is "oiled" with something, not varnished ...people will know on other forums here , particularly "wood u like" who run a shop in Kent and post on here ;)

go to WILKINSON for oil loads of choice they do what they say on the tin about £4 if you want to cut tiles get a cheap grinder will cut tiles in min's ;)

g'rrrr, since he tiled the bathroom according to his taste, did he pay you?

Or did you pay him to tile it to your taste?

Sponsored Links
it`s all the rage in Poland .....M8`s gran was Polish :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back