Worcesetr Oilfire Heatslave 26/32 Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had problems heating my radiators. Have tried most things without any luck until I read somewhere that I may have problems with my pump i.e. explaining the reason why rads furthest away do not heat up. I checked the setting on the circulating pump and switched this from 2 to 3. Seems to have solved the problem but wanted to check that I was OK to play around with the settings.

Can anyone put my mind at rest?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Big boiler so assume it's a large house - I'd usually set the pump to 3 on a combi boiler so you should be OK

thanks for such a quick reply - 18 radiators in total but we've been told the boiler isn't the right size for the house. Not sure whether that's a sales ploy, is it worth upgrading to something more efficient?

Sponsored Links
32 kw should be sufficient for 18 rads assuming they're not all doubles and big.
This assumes that the pipework from it is correctly sized. A heatslave combi, whilst not as efficient as a condensing model, is about as close as you will get to 'A', and can often be as good as some 'B' boilers.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back