worcester 240 rsf h/w prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DGS said:
Is the hot water flow rate from the taps low as well?

I found this relating to another problem with the above boiler and it may be resolved else where on the site so sorry if this is repeating things.

The hot water isn't heating up and the hot water pressure from the taps is very low but the central heating is fine - help - any ideas??

MOD

please see items 17 & 20

your post has been split

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the diverter valve has gone, if you open the front pannel there is a microswitch attached to the diverter on the bottom left, when hot water is run, does the pin come all the way out and depress the switch (should click)

If not leave water running and press the switch yourself, if it does fire up thats your problem. Or it could be the switch, but they don't fail as often as the diverter itself

Its a £50 - £90 part depening on where you buy it, unfortunatly i don't think they sell replacement diaphrams for it, but could be wrong! Some people just open it up and grease it up, but i would replace it!

check that the rads are not getting warm when you run just the hot tap as the diverter valve is probably robbing some of your hot water to send round the rad circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back