worcester 240

H

hav it

hello

m8t having problems with his 240. hot water is running ok but no central heating. If you push the advance button to select heating the little light comes on but no fan ect. room stat not clicking. I think it could be the central heating overheat stat faulty. ta john

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Assuming you have the manual, go the electrical connections on the boiler where the "call for heat" signal arrives, and check it's there.
If so, check the microswitches on the diverter aren't sticking.
Check the CH thermistor (or is it thermostat?) isn't telling the boiler it's hot already.
Then give up, and read the instructions ;)

i think its the ch thermostat. But was asking for another opinion, The only thing thats was putting me of was the wall stat is not clicking

You need a voltmeter. Opinions are nowt.
Is is by any chance a Drayton stat with a big dial, about 75mm across? They don't clilck if the power's disconnected.

cool can you test thermistas the same way or not. cause i think the ch stat in the boiler could be faulty.

But room stat not clicking says it isn't getting volts - presumably comes from programmer - remove room stat and check.
If its getting hot enough for HW then it should for CH - usually the ch is the system stat.
Check the diverter valve is returning to CH position and its microswitches are working ok. COuld be that switch which sends mains out to stat - don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back