Worcester 24CDi boiler pressure

C

cupidstunt

Hi all

I've had a good look round these forums for some answers but nothing specific seems to spring to mind so I thought I'd post instead in the hope that someone can help!

I've had a Worcester 24CDi for 4 year, being in place when I moved in and have no manual. While it has always worked fine, it has not failed to escape my attention that the pressure has always been at zero bar. I understand that this is a bad thing apparently but only if you have a closed pressure system.

Is that true and if so how do I tell if my system is closed or not? Should I do something about it or not?

I've also always had a couple of radiators that haven't exactly been working to full capacity and today tried bleeding them. But once the hiss had finished and all the air gone, the performance didn't improve.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
it will be a sealed system and you need to repressurize it

good luck

:)

but how do we know it is sealed and how do I re-pressureize it?!

Remember, everything is simple when you know how to do it!

I've just had another go at bleeding the radiators, one of them let some air out followed by a squirt of water but the rest just hiss for a sec and there is no change in performance.

Sponsored Links
well **** me, you're about as useful as a fart in a car

Time I found a more helpful forum site I think

thats nice I just trying to point you to the frequent ask questions bit where this has been done loads and even has nice pics for you to follow

what do you define as helpful if not that

you ignorant wotsit

:)

here I have even found the one for WB 24cdi

//www.diynot.com/wiki/plumbing:faq:faq41

well **** me, you're about as useful as a fart in a car

Time I found a more helpful forum site I think

He has given you a pointer to what you need to know. Perhaps it would be a good idea to find another site as personally I think you've got all the help you're going to get after that reply.

this installation could be an open vent primary system!(optional extra)
and in which case will not require repressurising,
If you look on top of the boiler you will see a pipe entering there,if it is an open vent system,also look above boiler for the feed and expansion tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back