Worcester 24CDI damaged Thermistor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
During the changing of some O rings I accidentally damaged my Thermistor, the part has been ordered but not here yet,
When I start up my boiler Locks Out after about 5 seconds and the radiator red light flashes about every second.
Could someone please clarify that this would be caused by the damaged Thermistor and not something else.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Have a look in the installation manual, it tells you what the fault lights are indicating.

Hi Gasguru,
thank you, but I cannot see any relation to the thermistor causing this light flashing, nor the lock out, but this was the only thing damaged.
Guess I will know when I get the new part and fit it.

Gasguru,
I have just double checked the manual: Light situation during fault, only Fail point H has the CH demand flashing slow, but nowhere in H are there any mention of the Thermistor.
I am now looking further in Fail point I but have not done any tests yet, though Fail point I did not come up in the fault finding section for the CH demand flashing slow.
This is why I posted the question in the hope that someone would say for definite that a damaged sensor would give this fault i.e. the flashing red light

Sponsored Links
CH light flashing once per second is burner lockout...a failure to light.
CH light flashing 5 times per second is a thermistor failure.

You have turned the gas back on?

Yes, gas on, The boiler lights then goes off after 5 seconds then the CH light flashes once per second.
My thermistor is actually cracked, the manual actually calls it a Domestic hot water sensor, but I have also heard it called the Thermistor

Last edited:
Sounds like it's not detecting the flame...did you pull off the large connector on the pcb...the flame sense wire connects there.

Gasguru,
Update. It doesn't make sense, I have just plugged it back in, turned it on and it's working, with the cracked sensor.
I will still fit the new one when it arrives.
Thank you for your help.
Will keep you posted if anything changes.

I've had broken wires on that connector loom ie. the copper core was broken despite the insulation being unmarked...I guess a manufacturing fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back