Worcester 24i RSF boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
hopefully one of you fine people can help me and tell me if I am correct in my thinking.
My Boiler was making strange noises the other day and now it wont ignite and therefore i have no hot water or central heating.
I read through the manual and have checked a lot of the checks that are printed in there.
I have narrowed it down to the fan. there is 240v to the fan but you can see the fan is not spinning, plus the iron core around the motor part is red hot. therefore duff fan so I am,well my GF is now out buying a new one which I will fit later.
so, as well as agreeing with me that the fan is duff :), what is the exact sequence of operation?
i take it that the boiler checks the air pressure in the fan chamber and says that it is working and then this starts the automatic ignition?, boiler lights, pump kicks in and heats radiators etc? well i guess pump kicks in regardless if it lights or not as when i turn my heating on the pump (well i take it from the quiet noise, this is the pump?_ starts straight away. oooh, is there also an easy way to see if the pump is working? i thought you could remove the metal screw in the centre but when i undone it a little bit a small drop of water came out, which made me worry if i removed it all the water would leak?
anyways, hopefully soem one can shed light, advice etc.
Any answers will eb really appreciated.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back