Worcester 28cdi Greenstar Compact

Hello Ianmcd, don't know how to copy and paste!! No, the condense pipe is run internally and attached to the waste below the sink trap. I am aware they can freeze if run externally during the colder winter months.

Gasguru, That really is a Chicken and Egg question. All I know is that the back of the boiler cover was saturated and as the solenoid to the Gas Valve is quite close to this cover then it really isn't unthinkable that the water could have created the problem.

I would never question my plumber he is extremely experienced, he had the foresight to ring Worc Technical to make sure he was testing the correct cables and to ask what the resistance Parameters were for the Solenoid on the Gas Valve, the manual supplied with the boiler isn't helpful.

The diagrams??
Incidentally the plumber that repaired the boiler wasn't the plumber that installed the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Hello Ianmcd, don't know how to copy and paste!! No, the condense pipe is run internally and attached to the waste below the sink trap. I am aware they can freeze if run externally during the colder winter months.
No mate reason I was asking, is I see a lot that are connected externally, and not frozen but with heavy downpours the rain water can back up into the boiler, hence why WB insist on an air break to stop this

Did water ingress really kill the gas valve or just coincidence?
Was the combustion chamber actually flooded?

Those Sit valves are pretty reliable and AFAIR operate at 24Vdc and it's raised above the base of the chamber so should be protected from flooding.

Not convinced by your "plumber"...the diagrams tell you all you need to know.
240v gas valves on the compacts and they're prone to burning out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back