Worcester 28i - bleeding and lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So - tonight for some reason, I had the bright idea to bleed my radiators. During bleeding, my boiler pressure dropped below 1 bar (& the fault light started blinking once a second which indicates a lockout, I gather).

So I topped the boiler up back up to 1.5bar. All radiators (except two towel rails) are bled.

However, the boiler won't come out of lockout.

I do not think it is a frozen condensate pipe as the boiler was off all day today until I started bleeding the radiators, so there shouldn't be any frozen water in the condensate pipe, I'd have thought.

I am happy to call out a gas engineer tomorrow if needed, but wondered if it was something simple related to me bleeding the radiators.... Sludge? :(

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Have you followed the procedure advised for lockout? Its in manual and online

Turn off and power to boiler.
While off bleed other rads.
Pressure the boiler.
Open all the thermostatic rad valves. Turn up wall thermostat.
Turn boiler back on and see if it goes.
If that don't work you need heating engineer

Sponsored Links
Hmm, no joy. Will try once more tomorrow in case it's because it's so cold out & it's the condensate pipe after all... Fingers crossed. Thanks!

Embarrassing - it turns out there was nothing fundamentally wrong with the boiler - the reset button was sticky and not resetting the boiler out of lockout. At least, all good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back