Worcester 28i Junior Combi Boiler questionS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I'm new here and have a number of questions regarding my bioler in my new home. would be grateful if anyone can help or advice where to go to get reliable help. Thanks in advance;

1- Kitchen radiator has a very small leak and usually goes if the rad valve is turned off. However, the pressure on the 28i boiler seems to drop below the default 1.5bar. Could this leak be causing havoc with the pressure? I will fix this very soon.

2- Sometimes, if heating etc has been running for a while, the pressure can get to 3 bar although never higher. The safety gauge shows the max pressure to be at 2.5bar. What kind of problems would over pressure cause?
Is there an easy way to reduce pressure if absolutely required?

3- The 28i Junior boiler makes the hot water at taps very hot after a short time. Is there a stat somewhere on the boiler to reduce temp?

4- Is it normal for water 'flow' at taps and the mixer shower to drop if another tap is opened? ie. if using the shower and someone runs a tap the flow drops and temp can change a lot.
Is there anyway to overcome this problem just for the shower (other than using electric shower)?

that's it for now. regards.

Sponsored Links
1 Yes
2 Damage to PRV if prolonged. Loss of water pressure./ Excess pressure will be released through the PRV
3. Usually yes. Consult your user manual or look for a dial with a picture of a tap next to it.
4. Yes / Don't run a tap when someone is in the shower

I'd like to add that you may have an undersized pressure vessel or perhaps a faulty or underpressured one.

Sponsored Links
cheers all. Just a last one, is this boiler generally a good and reliable brand/model for a small home with 1 bath/shower, extra toilet?

regards

We've put in over 300 of these in our housing stock over the last 2-3 years and they have been pretty well behaved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back