Worcester 28i Junior - No hot tap water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

was wondering if anyone had an answer to my problem.

i had a new central heating system installed 13 months ago with a worcester 28i junior boiler installed, at about 12 and a half months (just after the 1yr warranty run out) i started to notice that i cannot get hot water through the taps if the central heating is off. works ok when the heating is on through it does take time for the water to come through hot, can anyone give me an idea of what might be wrong with the boiler before i get someone in to have a look..

Cheers Steve.

Sponsored Links
Hot water flowswitch might be playing up. Some installers have arrangements with the manufacturer to offer a longer warranty - check with your installer.

If its genuinly only a couple of weeks over the warranty Worcester may cover it - worth a try.

thanks, but already tried the installer and they are not interested, there take on it is the warranty has run out if i want someone out to check it then there will be a fee, i ain't happy but what can i do..

If i at least have an idea what is wrong then i will feel confident in myself that i wont get ripped off.

I had a bad experience with my last boiler repair man unfortunately, and i don't want to be shelling out my £££ on needless repairs.

Sponsored Links
Its also a paddle switch and not a turbine.

It would be reassuring to be told that this is a condensing boiler.

I always thought that they had a two year warranty when fitted by a proper CORGI who filled in the paperwork.

It seems this installer was a cowboy!

Tony

Agile said:
I always thought that they had a two year warranty when fitted by a proper CORGI who filled in the paperwork.

It seems this installer was a cowboy!

You THINK it has a 2 yr guarantee therefore they MUST be cowboys :rolleyes:

The flow turbine would be first suspect as diverter rests in mid-pos.

Installed in Scotland, water works with heating on, hence bithermal heat exchanger so Band D junior or maybe not :idea:

They only came with 1 year warranty with everything signed/registered.

steve bruhn said:
thanks, but already tried the installer and they are not interested, there take on it is the warranty has run out if i want someone out to check it then there will be a fee, i ain't happy but what can i do..

OK, he is not a cowboy BUT he clearly is not offering a very helpful attitude to his customer. Not the kind of installer I would want to have!

If I had installed the boiler then I would take the matter up with Worcester and I have a 99% expectation that they would cover it under the warranty.

To repeat the words of the Potty parts Director after he had helped me with a little problem, " if I had not been helpful to Tony then the whole world would have known about it".

If an installer graces a manufacturer with his custom and is polite and sensible then they will usually be very helpful. To use their own words, Worcester bend over backwards to support their installers!

They even replace the plate HE when the installer forgets to power flush the system!

Tony

Agile said:
steve bruhn said:

OK, he is not a cowboy BUT he clearly is not offering a very helpful attitude to his customer. Not the kind of installer I would want to have!

If I had installed the boiler then I would take the matter up with Worcester and I have a 99% expectation that they would cover it under the warranty.

To repeat the words of the Potty parts Director after he had helped me with a little problem, " if I had not been helpful to Tony then the whole world would have known about it".

If an installer graces a manufacturer with his custom and is polite and sensible then they will usually be very helpful. To use their own words, Worcester bend over backwards to support their installers!

They even replace the plate HE when the installer forgets to power flush the system!

Tony

who the hell do you think you are :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back