Worcester 30CDi System Boiler + Magnaclean TwinTech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after a bit of advice , I have installed the Magnaclean TwinTech and has been running fine but then I noticed one of the radiator valves was leaking, I drained the system fixed the valve and all was good.

But yesterday the heating and hot water stopped working on the boiler, I thought it could be the Magnaclean so I cleaned it out and it was not that dirty and everything fired back up again.

Now this morning the heating usually comes on timer at about 6AM but it never worked but the water was working fine. So I decided to put the boiler on constant and it fired up and everything seemed to be working again? When the heating did come on sounded it like air being in the system, could it have been an airlock yesterday and today?

I have a Worcester 30CDi System Boiler with the Intelligent System Package (TD200 & RT10).

Sponsored Links
You dont say but I presume you did repressurise to about 1.5 Bar ?

After draining a system it can take some while to get air out.

Tony

You dont say but I presume you did repressurise to about 1.5 Bar ?

After draining a system it can take some while to get air out.

Tony

Hi,

Yes I repressurised the system to 1.25 cold which rises to about 1.75 when hot.

I am going to try bleeding the radiators again tonight, I hope it is just trapped air.

Is it always best to bleed radiators with the heating off or on?

That pressure increase is too high and may indicate a failed/failing expansion vessel.

I always advise bleeding and reprressurising to 1.5 Bar cold.

Tony

Sponsored Links
That pressure increase is too high and may indicate a failed/failing expansion vessel.

I always advise bleeding and reprressurising to 1.5 Bar cold.

Tony

I hope not, I will have a look tonight and see what pressure it is exactly running at.

Thanks.

I dont think there is anything wrong with your pressure vessel and a slight rise is expected when the water get hot

Please pressurise the system according to MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS which in 1 bar and make sure the whole system including the pump have been vented correctly then it should all work correctly

There is no need to be alarmed the sytem was working perfectly before and it should again

In a normally configured system the pressure will rise from about 1.5 Bar cold to about 1.8 Bar hot.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back