Worcester 35 CDi Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Worcester 35cdi. Last Xmas it went a little crazy and needed most of it's cards replaced. Which forced me into a homecare agreement with British Gas.

The agreement ran out last week, and this week it has decided to spring a little leak. Nothing more than a drip at the moment.

Looking at the schematic I have come to the conclusion that the leak is from a screw known as the Bypass Adjuster. Is this a common fault? Would it be cured if I replaced with a new bypass adjuster, as I assume it has a washer of some sort which is failing. Can I just adjust it. It also has a circlip at the bottom of the thread of the pipe. Should this be tight with the screw? Has it fallen? Is there a piece missing?

Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links
had same problem just put some ptfe tape around it will have to drain boiler first then.count the turns on it when removing it and the same cont screwing back on.

had same problem just put some ptfe tape around it will have to drain boiler first then.count the turns on it when removing it and the same cont screwing back on.

Cheers.

How precise do the turns need to be?

Is it possible to replace the adjuster screw? Would the PTFE tape be considered a permanent fix?

that would be a real botch job, get it repaired properly; the bypass is an important part of the system

Sponsored Links
i would expect a build up of dirt and limescale, which needs cleaning.
you can usually get repair kits for this sort of stuff; pakking, oring that kind of thing.
it then needs setting; too much bypass and the heating does not work well, too little bypass can damage the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back