Worcester 440 - approx fitting cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been advised that the Worcester 440 is likely to be the best choice for me (apparently if I went for a Vaillant 937 or something similar it would need me to upgrade the size of the gas pipe, which would be difficult due to the location of the boiler).

Can anybody give me a ball park idea of the cost for providing and installing the boiler. appreciate this is difficult without having full sight of the location, pipework etc. - but just assuming it is replacing a worcester highflow 4.5, and there is nothing too complex.

much appreciated. anthony

Sponsored Links
get a few quotes including one from Bg would be my advise.

If we all lived in identical ball park houses our job would be easy.

As it is, you will only get any worthwhile indication from someone who has seen the job.

Softus will start at a million pounds unseen, I would be prepared to make a site visit to see if I could undercut him slightly.

Taking your assumption that it is a fairly straight swap. I would think around £600-£800 + VAT, boiler and materials needed.

As the others have said though it needs a site visit to determine if a new condensing version can be fitted in the same place and comply to all regulations.

Sponsored Links
Pipe layout is completely different from Worcester 4.5, and normally it is in very restricted space at the back of a kitchen unit. Because there is a fixed jig at the front of the boiler and limited height, and the thing has to roll back flush usually, do not underestimate the work that can be involved.

Also flueing for the existing 440* is very limited and there is no plume management, which for a boiler which sits on the floor is a bit of a nuisance. So a site survey is everything. (*new 440CDi due out shortly).

We swapped one a week ago and it took 2 man days and one apprentice day over a weekend. So £840 would have been very optimistic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back