worcester 9/14 cbi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a worcester 9/14 cbi boiler and has been working ok up until last week.

When I turn on the boiler for heating the light comes on but the boiler doesn't fire up.

However when I turn on the hot water the boiler fires up and works fine. The divertor valve is heating up both pipes but it has been doing this for some time now so although I know their must be an issue with this, it has been working fine like this. In fact by it doing this, its still allowing me to be able to heat up the radiators by turning the thermostat up on the copper cylinder.

I've checked the cabling and it all appears to be screwed in correctly and no loose wires so just wondering why it has stopped firing up for the heating....any ideas please guys??

Thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
Synchron motor is seized on CH zone valve and not making the end switch and is jammed partially open

First of all thanks for the replies guys!

Room stat ok?
This hasn't been an issue and I have turned it right up. I would still expect the boiler to kick in and it has certainly been below the temperature that is on the thermostat.

Synchron motor is seized on CH zone valve and not making the end switch and is jammed partially open
Is this the motor than pushes the water one way or another? This was only changed last year if we are talking about the same. I have actually pushed the gear type switch on this so it stays in the position to keep the CH valve open.

Sponsored Links
First of all thanks for the replies guys!

This hasn't been an issue and I have turned it right up. I would still expect the boiler to kick in and it has certainly been below the temperature that is on the thermostat.

Is this the motor than pushes the water one way or another? This was only changed last year if we are talking about the same. I have actually pushed the gear type switch on this so it stays in the position to keep the CH valve open.
no the motor that you you refer to is the pump/circulator,when you open the vale manually, that is designed for filling the system with water, the fact that you are getting heating with that in the manual position just means that the valve has opened, in the manual fill position the end switch that brings the boiler on is not made, could also be the room thermostat as @undertrained says, you really need to check with a multimeter to check everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back