Worcester 9.24 BF - clicking when banged?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, Re my old boiler...

Well she has complained that (lol) the combi boiler, when you close the cupboard door that it's in, here is clicking over by the gas valve.

I have had a look & yes, when you let the door bang, or if you bang on the combustion chamber etc there is a clicking.

It's a microswitch type clicking, sounds like on then off (double click).

What I'm wondering is what microswitches are in the region of the gas valve?
I suspect it's just a loose connection & want to make sure.

It's not the microswitches on top of the diverter valve as they are at the other side of the boiler.

It's not affecting the functions, I just want to know what it is?

Sponsored Links
Nobody?

Where's Weargas when you need him? lol

Well I think I found what it was.
The central heating was not working this evening, it turns out that if you bang at a certain point on one of the control boards plug in connectors it clicked the relay. This was the pump overrun thermostat connection.

Whipped the board out, resoldered all the connector pins n then some, reassembled it all & the heating is working fine now.

It no longer clicks when I bang the boiler. :D

Now I just have to wait for this boilers next problem to surface.
I wish I could afford to have it ripped out & melted down into keyrings then replaced with a nice new one.
But cannot :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back