Worcester boiler advice - low pressure and poor temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my combi boiler has lost almost all its hot water pressure and temperature over the last few weeks. CH is working fine.

I've had a nosy around and there is water leaking from the diaphram end of the diverter valve. When I turn on a hot tap it starts strong but the pressure drops as soon as the boiler kicks in and the temperature doesnt seem to be very hot a lot of the time either.

Its a Worcester 9.24 Heatslave R.S.F.

A lot of the adivce online seems to point to the diverter needing replaced - does that sound right? I kind of expected that I'd still have hot water but no pressure if it was the diverter.

Thanks, Jamie

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, I just didnt want to go pick up a valve if it wasnt likely to be the main problem.

It sure is an old boiler - I just moved into the house and its the one thing I knew would need done sooner rather than later, but i had hoped to tease a bit longer out of the old girl.

Jamie

ps. Does anyone out there have the manual for this boiler? I tried Worcester and they say they dont have a copy of it anymore - not a good look!

Sponsored Links
This boiler is years old and many parts are no longer available.

Better replaced!

On some versions the gas valve needs to be removed to access the div valve. On those its not a DIY job.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back