Worcester Boiler Heatslave 20/25 Hot Water Not Working

Cheers - I've attached a picture of the control panel and normally the light circled in red would be on.

Yes, currently cold water comes out of the hot water tap when turned on.
That is your problem there, the controller is faulty, easily obtained and not expensive, the low water pressure was just a red herring, you only noticed the pressure was low because you lost the HW

Sponsored Links
That is your problem there, the controller is faulty, easily obtained and not expensive, the low water pressure was just a red herring, you only noticed the pressure was low because you lost the HW

I thought this model of boiler was combi, my bad for assuming :oops:

I thought this model of boiler was combi, my bad for assuming :oops:
It does get called a combi, but like many oil so called combis, it has a heat store for HW which is passed through a plate heat exchanger when a HW demand is made, it is difficult to provide a simple combi with oil as you can with gas, but these boilers are decent, I have seen a few and the customers love them, there are others on here with far more experience of them than me, I have worked on a few but would hardly claim to be any kind of expert

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the help - will take a look into the replacement control panel.

In the meantime is there any way of manually triggering this - I suspect not but worth asking. :)

Sponsored Links
If you are comfortable with electrics then yes an easy temp fix , or perm fix if you dont actually time the HW , which most dont

If you are comfortable with electrics then yes an easy temp fix , or perm fix if you dont actually time the HW , which most dont

Cheers - comfortable with electrics so happy to hear any suggestions you can give on a temp fix.

OK on the back of the controller (sorry cant remember off hand the terminal numbers) there will be a wiring diagram with HW COM and HW NO, take the wire from HW NO and put it in the HW COM , and the HW will work , you wont have any control by the programmer though, but it is just exactly the same as switching the HW to constantly on , you do this with the power isolated obviously

Your controller has flying leads, into a connector block on the PCB. This is the easiest place to put your link. I think you will find the terminals marked on the connector block, but if not, the diagram is on the Worcester web site.
Whilst this is a basic Honeywell controller, it is modified by Worcester for connections and consequently costs about £150. If you want to replace with something cheaper, then you can wall mount anything and connect to the PCB.

Thanks for the additional info all, much appreciated.

I can see where the programmer wires go into the main PCB board as follows, but not sure exactly what I need to change to do a temp fix, happy for any input.

upload_2020-8-16_15-18-54.png

Thanks all - just an update - temp fixed now applied and working, thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated.

I think I'll install one of the smart stats at some point but will just keep the temp fix for the time been.

Thank you for updating us too many dont bother , will be good advice if someone else has the same problem and searches the forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back