Worcester boiler not heating tap consistently Error 276

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I hope you're all keeping safe and well.

My boiler (greenstar 30i) is no longer heating the taps (upstairs nor downstairs) at a consistent level. It's very hot for a second then cold and sometimes lukewarm. More often than not, it's cold.

It is displaying error 276 flow sensor fault but I don't know what I can fix myself. If I understand the screen correctly, it knows when the tap is on or off but it always thinks that the water is above 90 degrees so stops heating it.

It is 15 months old and was installed by bosch-apporved plumbers. I did not get it serviced at 12 months. I have had the radiator setting on "off" for about 2 months while I was doing renovations. Tap temperature was always fine until I started to replace the radiators (air in the radiator pipes and low pressure for a few weeks), where the tap temps were erratic and the boiler was very noisy. I've replaced the radiators now, increased pressure, and bled them so there is no more air in the CH system but the hot water temp is a lot more erratic than ever before.

Radiators are fine and hot when needed.

I've turned eco mode to "preheat" but that doesn't fix.
I've even kept the hot tap on for 15 minutes and more often than not it's cold.
I've turned the tap on when the radiators are on but that doesn't help either.

What do I need to do please?

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Just call Worcester and say you couldnt get it serviced because of Covid, worst case scenario they will charge you to service it and reinstate the warranty and repair your problem

Just call Worcester and say you couldnt get it serviced because of Covid, worst case scenario they will charge you to service it and reinstate the warranty and repair your problem
Thanks. All done under warranty.

For those that see this in future, the problem was the heat exchanger plate. Full of brown contamination. The (accredited) installer didn't flush the system properly. Good job I'm changing all rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back